The State Agency for Vocational Education
The State Agency for Vocational Education under the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan is an executive authority that ensures and coordinates the implementation of state policy in the field of vocational education and organizes the activities of vocational education institutions under the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
It was established by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan № 869 dated April 20, 2016, in order to increase the efficiency of vocational training in the field of vocational education and ensure the training of competitive qualified personnel. The activities of the agency are as follows:
• organizes and coordinates the activities of subordinate vocational education institutions in order to ensure the training of qualified personnel and increase their competitiveness;
• organizes the implementation of accessible, competency development and career-oriented vocational education and training in order to continuously adapt vocational education to the requirements of the labor market;
• takes measures to develop the material and technical base of vocational education institutions;
• ensures the development and implementation of programs in the framework of state-business cooperation with employers in order to increase the effectiveness of vocational training in vocational education institutions;
• develops and implements methodologies related to the recognition of competencies acquired by informal and informal methods;
• organizes coordination of international programs and projects in the field of vocational education.